1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
a. Information You Provide
Some elements of the Platforms may ask you to submit Personal Information in order for you to benefit from the specified features or to participate in a particular activity. For example, we may request Personal Information from you when you create an account and conduct scheduling activities. You will be informed what information is required to utilize these features of the Platforms, and what information is optional.
You may also be permitted to post information to the Platforms, including through an advocacy forum or survey, which will be accessible for other users (collectively, the “Forums”). We collect Personal Information that you knowingly provide to us in the Forums. Please remember that any Personal Information that you disclose in the Forums becomes public information and may be viewed and used by others. You are solely responsible for the content you post online in the Forums. COA has no control over and will not be held responsible for any Personal Information disclosed in the Forums or the use of such Personal Information by third parties. By submitting Personal Information in the Forum, you acknowledge that you have no expectation of privacy with regard to any submission or posting. You should always exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information.
We may combine the information you submit through the Platforms with other information we have collected from you, whether on- or offline. We may also combine it with information we receive about you from other sources, including publicly available information sources (such as publicly available social media profiles) as well as our service partners and data licensors, all subject to applicable laws.
b. Certain Demographic and Educational or Employment Information
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send or otherwise disclose to us your racial or ethnic origin, health, criminal background, trade union membership, political opinions, religion or other beliefs. In those cases where we may request or invite you to provide the foregoing information, we will only do so with your express consent, in accordance with applicable data protection law requirements. Where you provide us with such information without request from COA to this end, we reserve the right to erase any such information at our discretion.
c. Passive Information Collection, Use, and Choices
As you navigate the Platforms, certain Personal Information may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered without your actively providing it. This is done using the following technologies in the following ways:
- i. Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, computer type, operating system type, version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version.
- ii. Through your device: If you access the Platforms through a mobile device or other network-connected product, certain information may be collected about that device, including your device type, network service provider, and other identifiers. We may collect unique device identifiers (such as IDFA and AID tags and UUID and UDID identifiers) associated with the device you use to access the Platforms.
- Recognize your computer or device to make your use of the Platforms easier, such as to remember your locations of interest and other preferences with the Platforms;
- Gather statistical information about use of the Platforms in order to continually improve its design and functionality, understand how individuals use it, and to assist us with resolving questions regarding it;
- Select which of our advertisements or offers are most likely to appeal to you and display them while you are on the Platforms and on other websites, applications, and online services that you use; and
- Track consumer responses to online advertisements. To learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.allabouorg.
- iv. Using Monitoring Tools: The Platforms may utilize pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, Flash Shared Objects, HTML5 Local Storage, HTML5 Mini Databases, and other similar technologies, both on certain aspects of the Platforms and in HTML-formatted e-mail messages to you. These monitoring tools are used for the purpose of, among other things, measuring the success of our marketing campaigns, compiling statistics about Platforms usage and response rates, and tracking the activities of users of the Platforms and e-mail recipients.
- v. IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Platforms, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many online service providers, including website operators. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Platforms usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Platforms.
- vi. Analytic Tools: We may also use tools and third party services to collect information about usage of the Platforms, including Google Analytic